4.09.2013

Backyardin


I have been playing email tag with Justin Lamoureux for a bit of the winter, but I finally got to join him on one of his missions in his "backyard". Justin is trying to ride all the mountains he can see from his house in Squamish, which I think is about 30 or so. I guess he can see the backside of this one, and from knowing what was on the otherside, we were both stoked to ride it... 
Some sweet views, with lots of potential in the area.. 
ski-boardn
Successful first descent by justin.. # hashtag  no ones ever skied this exact spot
Justin
Lots of fun lines to ride.. shaded and looking sweet. I had my eyes on a long broad spine line out of view.
 The snow felt like it had settled out nice, but we were pretty sure the top pocket was going to let loose, so we decided to cut a chunk of cornice off. Not that much fell off, but what did fall off, hit the sweet spot onslope ,and cracked off a decent sized avy, that ran the entire face.
pow cloud below hitting the runout
We decided to shred the slope, as she was pretty cleaned out now... We did our best to avoid hangfire, but we still managed to find some decent snow left on the walls.. The bed surface was firm, and I saw my reflection at one point.
Lots of shit rumbling off the walls, as it warmed up, it was time to get out of there
It's a jungle sometimes
Justin Lamoureux's  backyard...

No comments:

Post a Comment